Sunday, March 28, 2010

Just beachy?





I recently completed a room re-do and am so excited about the results. Even though all I've done so far is paint, I'm loving it.

The color is my new favorite- Fostoria Glass by C-I-L paints. It's a light gray-blue, and the bottom is just white. I know the look is maybe a little dated for some, but I love it! The sunlight floods this room and makes it look so airy and bright. Still need to do the decorating, curtains, pictures, etc. But that will come as I think about it more.

I started with this little vignette, but the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to give it a little bit of a beachy, cottagey feel. Any hints/ideas/ etc. Jenn suggested I use my big brown frames over the bed as sort of a headboard, and just put pictures in that reflect some of the colors and feelings I want. Good idea- just might be tricky to find such pictures- maybe I can use some of my photos and edit them to get what I want. Easy peasy, right? Oh well, wish me luck. I don't want to spend much money to finish it up so we'll see what I can come up with on the cheap. Thanks to some thrifty, shanty, clever, and addicting blogs, I'll happily keep searching for just the right stuff.

No comments: